As a union contractor, our company has always been a Training Agent, with the philosophy that “training your replacement is a promotion, not a threat.”
- Understands and values the need to grow a talented, competent and capable workforce for the future of all industries, especially commercial construction
- Seeks out the youth workforce before they enter the apprenticeship programs or other training programs
- Works closely with workforce development Associated General Contractors Workforce Development Committee, Oregon Tradeswoman Inc. – Women in Trades, Constructing Hope, Portland Youth Builders, and Union Training Agents
- Practices and continues to commit to utilize and train at least 20% of all on-the-job apprentice-able labor
Growth, Education and Excellence
Committed to growth, education and excellence, we:
- provide in-house mentoring
- practice special workforce outreach efforts, in addition to Good Faith Efforts
- provide outsourced continuing education for technical development, superintendent, project management and safety training courses such as:
- CPR/First Aid
- Confined Space
- Competent Person
- Safety Reviews
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Weitman Excavation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Our workforce diversity is 16%, while our goal is to exceed this on certain projects to 35%, comprised of 20% ethnic minorities and 15% women. To achieve these goals, we focus on recruiting women and underutilized minorities to the company’s workforce.
We have awarded multiple subcontracting opportunities to OMWESB Oregon firms over the past few years, with the goal to steadily increase this percentage as the company grows. This stems from our commitment to strengthen Oregon communities, businesses and environments.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity and encourages Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business (MWESB) firms and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) to compete for contracting opportunities.
The Weitman Excavation team includes a minority contractor and a diversity consultant, who are outsourced for the purpose of keeping and maintaining a significant number of OMWESB firms contracted to work with Weitman on its projects.